Effective Communications and Human Relations (Live Online)
DALE CARNEGIE COURSE
Effective Communications and Human Relations
IMPORTANT DETAILS IF REGISTERED FOR THIS COURSE
3 full day sessions.
Delivery Language: English
Who Should Attend
Professionals at all levels who wish to optimize their performance, lead with conviction and positively impact the bottom line.
What You’ll Learn
The participants in Effective Communications and Human Relations are made up of both formal and informal leaders. Psychological Safety is emphasized to create a safe place to try out new skills and ideas. The trainers are highly vetted and undergo intense training that is ISO9002 certified to achieve consistent results globally. While part of a global organization, they are connected to your local culture, customs and language.
Each time a new skill is introduced, it is practiced the ‘right’ way and coached in the moment before moving it out into your life and work. Once a skill has been tested with clients, team members, and others, the group holds itself accountable by reporting back on what did or did not work. This social learning approach makes it possible for everyone to learn from each other’s efforts. By experiencing a series of successful attempts with positive reinforcement, habits are changed, and new skills are ingrained.
Why You Want To Learn It
Start with Self. Connect with Others. Enhance Teamwork. Influence Change.
These elements are woven together throughout the Dale Carnegie Course®, enhancing both the mental change and the behavior change needed to achieve your goals and affect performance change within your organization and beyond.
Start with Self: Every change begins with the self. Deepening our understanding of our natural tendencies as humans and our need for belonging helps clarify why it takes active work by each of us to change. Gaining insight into our attitudes, opinions and thoughts helps us identify and confront our fears. Building our resilience and self-confidence enables us to engage in honest exchanges with ourselves and others. As we gain empathy, we develop a genuine desire to create environment of trust. To accomplish this, this course addresses the following session objectives:
- Discover how past experiences influence behavior
- Recognize the impact negative stress has on our results and effectiveness
- Commit to using concepts and principles to increase our ability to control stress and worry
- Demonstrate a process to organize our thoughts when thinking on our feet
- Strengthen our personal opinions
- Learn from others how to confront our fears
- Recognize that we can triumph over adversity
- Apply the power of risk-taking
- Become more open-minded to change and opportunity
Connect with Others: None of us works in a vacuum. The need to connect with others to build teamwork and influence begins with a genuine interest in others. Making strong connections is accelerated with the following session objectives:
- Familiarity with the principles for improving human relations
- A focus on people as individuals
- The need to create a positive first impression
- Use methods to recall names
- Identify opportunities for improving professional relationships
- Influence people through trust and respect
Enhance Teamwork: Strong skills for creating accountability and gaining cooperation helps ensure that people are prepared to speak up, communicate persuasively, look for common ground, discuss difficult topics on which they may disagree, identify when trust is broken, and restore it successfully. See how consistent application of the Human Relations Principles improves results. These session objectives help make that happen:
- Persuasively communicate in a clear and concise way that moves people to action
- Discover how relationships help us advance toward our goals
- Communicate our ideas effectively even when we disagree
- Achieve cooperation versus compliance
- Discover the power of finding points of agreement
- Discover how to coach for improved performance
- Concentrate on the strengths of others
- Discover the value of sincere appreciation
- Develop skills in giving and receiving positive feedback
Influence Change: By having the confidence to speak up, persuade others to action, model desired attitudes and behaviors, we can influence others to change. In the Dale Carnegie Course, we will practice skills to meet these session objectives:
- Communicate with strong and powerful feelings
- Connect with others on an emotional level
- Inspire others to think and act differently
- Positively influence the attitudes of others
- Use positive approaches when coaching people
- Deal with challenging situations more effectively
- Inspire and motivate others by communicating our visions
- Commit to continuous improvement
How It Will Help You
You will be more equipped to tackle complex challenges, expand your ingenuity, and excel in building team harmony. Use your new skills to achieve measurable results, securing your place as a valued contributor. As you become more adept at influencing, you’ll find yourself inspiring others to take initiative and innovate. The time has come to start leading now!
- Attitude: Maintains a friendly, positive, and enthusiastic outlook.
- Communication: Practices active listening supported with relevant oral and written information.
- Professionalism: Projects an image of honesty, confidence, and integrity that fosters credibility.
- Initiative: Proactively makes things happen. Evaluates and takes corrective action with self and others.
- Interpersonal Skills: Consistently builds strong, long-term relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Stress Management: Differentiates between dynamic tension and negative stress, and maintains productive behaviors in difficult situations.
Principles from How to Win Friends and Influence People show you how to influence others to support your vision. Discover 9 techniques for enhancing relationships, and fundamental techniques for becoming a respected leader. Tips for handling criticism and stress set you free to move forward with new ideas and stronger partnerships.
The Dale Carnegie® methodology is time-tested with thousands of testimonials attesting that it works. From the very start, on an individual level, you will set stretch goals and with the support of the social learning environment, the ‘in-the-moment’ coaching by the highly trained facilitator(s), the accountability to commitments, progress will be visible to yourself and others. In the Dale Carnegie® methodology, we focus on building strengths to overpower our weaknesses. We believe that everyone has inherent greatness, and it simply needs to be identified and nurtured.
What is eVolve?
eVolve is a transformational learning platform designed to build skills through experience, social collaboration, practice and application in the real world. eVolve is the only online learning platform to harness the time-tested principles of Dale Carnegie and the unique training methodology that creates performance change. In courses elevated by the eVolve learning platform, you will connect with your trainer and peers before, during and after the course and unlock digital content to supplement your learning journey. Sustain and sharpen your skills with 12 months extended access.
What does Learn From Anywhere mean?
Courses with the Learn from Anywhere option allows you to select where you are most comfortable learning; in the training room or live online. You choose how you would like to attend, session to session. Don’t let your schedule get in the way of advancing your career or your personal improvement. With Dale Carnegie Learn from Anywhere, you can now experience our programs in a truly flexible format. Join live online one week and in person the next. You control how you want to attend. Whether in person or live online, your experiences are the same. Learn through the same trainer, alongside the same classmates, and grow with the same content experience regardless of location. (Group size must be maintained for optimal experience. Subject to approval by Trainer.)